SafeCert Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People (RQF)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body to provide our accredited trainers and accredited centres a range of Health and Safety and Healthcare Awards.
This award is to provide those working with children and young people the knowledge on how to recognize and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse. The award has one unit with two learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand how to safeguard and protect children, young people and practitioners in the workplace
- Identify key elements of the law on safeguarding children and young people
- Describe how practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting
- Identify ways in which concerns about children and young people can be reported
- Know how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused
- Identify the characteristics of different types of child abuse
- Describe actions to take in response to evidence that a child or young person has been abused or is at risk of being abused
- Describe how to respond to a child or young person who discloses abuse
- Identify those people who the information of abuse or suspected abuse may be shared with
The qualification is assessed in the form of a multiple choice question paper.