Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action (RQF Level 3)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body to provide our accredited trainers and accredited centres a range of First Aid qualifications, as well as the Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action which is an outdoor first aid award.
This accredited outdoor first aid award qualification provides theoretical and practical training in outdoor first aid emergency action. Learners undertaking this qualification will be able to provide support to the outdoor first aider to maintain the welfare of persons in outdoor activity settings.
Learners will become familiar with the role of the outdoor first aider emergency action and be able to assess and react appropriately to an outdoor emergency situation, such as a casualty who is unresponsive, has an airway obstruction, has breathing difficulties or is suffering from shock or blood loss.
This outdoor first aid award qualification consists of one mandatory unit and is typically delivered over a period of 1 day with a minimum contact time of 8 hours.
The unit has 7 learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand the scope of first aid in the outdoors
- Be able to interpret vital sign information whist responding to an emergency incident in the outdoors
- Be able to assess an emergency incident in the outdoors
- Be able to respond to an incident involving an unresponsive casualty with normal breathing in the outdoors
- Be able to respond to an incident involving an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing, in the outdoors
- Be able to respond to an incident involving choking casualty in the outdoors
- Be able to respond to an incident involving blood loss in the outdoors
The qualification is valid for 3 years and all learners will be assessed for their practical skills as well as their knowledge in the form of a multiple choice question paper.