SafeCert Level 2 Award in Manual Handling Principals (RQF)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body, to provide our accredited trainers and accredited centres a range of Health and Safety Awards.
The Manual Handling Principles course, is designed to provide you with the knowledge and understanding. This will equip those in the workplace with the necessary knowledge in manual handling objects safely, to undertake manual handling tasks during their working day. This award can be completed in 3 hours, so can be completed in a morning or afternoon training session.
The qualification can be tailored to suit any business including the needs of the individual, enhancing the learning experience and making the content relevant and fit for purpose.
The award has one unit with 3 learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handling
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work
- Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- Describe the principles of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment
The qualification is valid for 3 years and all learners will be assessed for their knowledge in the form of a multiple choice question paper.
If you require to also learn and practice the skills of manual handling, we also have the larger award called Manual Handling Principles and Practices a 6 hour award.