First Aid Essentials (SCQF 5 Pending/RQF 2)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body to provide our accredited trainers and accredited centres a range of first aid essentials training award as follows:
First Aid Essentials is a qualification which is specifically designed for those who are involved in many activities, including Schools, Duke of Edinburgh, Scouts, Youth First Aid, Sports and public first aid. This first aid essentials training award covers the basics such as First Aid Essentials, but many other conditions ranging from CPR, Bleeding to broken bones and asthma.
The award has 1 unit.
First Aid Essentials – Which has 8 learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognize and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
This award is usually completed in minimum of 6 hours teaching and has one unit. The first unit is Emergency First Aid which covers as the name suggests the essential in first aid.
This very practical course will enable your learners from age 14 upwards to be competent in essential first aid.
The qualification is valid for 3 years and all learners will be assessed for their practical skills as well as their knowledge in the form of a multiple choice question paper.