Fire Safety Awareness (RQF Level 1 / SCQF Level 4)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body to provide our accredited trainers and accredited centres a range of Fire Safety Awards.
This course is designed for all employees as an introduction to fire awareness and is an excellent ingredient in the induction programme of new employees. It deals with how fires can occur and what to do in the event of a fire, The qualification also provides a foundation for those employees who want to develop their basic fire safety awareness in order to assist their employer by undertaking more specific fire safety roles in the workplace to manage fire risk.
The award has one unit with 3 learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency
- State the main causes of fires in the workplace
- Outline the main costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society
- State their own duties and responsibilities in relation to fire safety at work
- State the duties and responsibilities of fire wardens and other people who may be required to take action as part of the fire controls or during an emergency
- Describe the action to be taken in the event of a fire in the workplace, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting the emergency services
- Understand the principles of fire risk control
- List the key elements for effective fire risk management in the workplace
- Outline how the components of the fire triangle can be used to control fire risks
- List active and passive fire risk control measures
- Outline active and passive fire risk control measures
- Understand the basics of practical fire safety
- State the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire-fighting equipment
- Outline simple checks for ensuring that fire safety equipment is serviceable and safe to use
This award is usually completed in minimum of 4 hours teaching and has one unit. The qualification is assessed in the form of a multiple choice question paper.