SafeCert Level 2 Award in the Introduction to Safeguarding and Protecting Vulnerable Adults (RQF)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body to provide our accredited trainers and accredited centres a range of Health and Safety and Healthcare Awards.
This award is to provide those working with vulnerable adults the knowledge on how to recognize and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse. The award has one unit with two learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand how to safeguard and vulnerable adults and practitioners in the workplace
- Identify key elements of the law on safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Recognise how practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting
- Identify ways in which concerns about vulnerable adults can be reported
- Know how to respond to evidence or concerns that a vulnerable adult has been abused
- Identify the characteristics of different types of abuse
- Understand the actions to take in response to evidence that a vulnerable adult has been abused or is at risk of being abused
- Recognise how to respond to a vulnerable adult who discloses abuse
- Identify those people who the information of abuse or suspected abuse may be shared with
The qualification is assessed in the form of a multiple choice question paper.