First Aid for Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF Level 3)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body to provide our accredited trainers and accredited centres a range of Healthcare Awards.
This award gives a great qualification in mental health in the workplace, for everyone who wants to learn about the benefits of mental health first aid and about common mental health conditions, available support and be able to signpost for further suitable bodies for professional assistance. This award has two units called ‘First Aid for Mental Health Essentials’ and ‘First Aid for Mental Health Identification and Support’.
The first unit has 7 learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand the role of the first aider in Mental Health in the workplace
- Know how to provide practical support in Mental Health
- Understand a range of the most common Mental Health conditions
- Know the recognition signs of stress and how to manage it
- Understand how substance abuse can impact on Mental Health
- Understand how to put an action plan for Mental Health in place within the workplace
- Know how to implement a positive culture for Mental Health in the workplace
The second unit called First Aid for Mental Health Identification and Support has 3 learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand common Mental Health conditions
- Understand the various sources for support available for common Mental Health conditions
- Understand how you would listen, be supportive and then signpost to professional support for a person with a common Mental Health condition
The qualification is assessed with a multiple choice question paper.