SafeCert Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF Level 3 / SCQF Level 6)
We at SafeCert Awards provide the accreditation service through our awarding body to provide our accredited trainers, assessors and accredited centres a range of First Aid Awards. This SafeCert Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF Level 3/ SCQF Level 6) is to qualify emergency first aiders in the workplace.
This qualification complies with the guidelines and criteria as defined by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) in respect of the 1981 (First Aid) Regulations, as well as the HSENI with Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982. Where the risk assessment of First Aid needs identifies the need for Emergency First Aider’s, then this course will give your learners that, subject to assessment.
The award has one unit as follows:
Emergency First Aid in the Workplace – This unit has seven learning outcomes as follows:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
This award is assessed through a practical observation of first aid skills as well as a multiple choice theory assessment. The duration of this qualification must be a minimum of 1 day with a minimum of 6 contact hours.
The course must be completed within 10 weeks from starting and each session must be a minimum of 2 hours